Do you want to be recognized for your work developing youth both on and off the court, as well as your contributions to the broader community? Nominate your youth basketball organization below to be named the Jr. NBA Program of the Year presented by Under Armour!
The Jr. NBA presented by Under Armour will reward and recognize up to six (6) youth basketball organizations as Program of the Year finalists that meet the following criteria:
- How does your organization embody the core values of the Jr. NBA?
- Jr. NBA Core Values: Teamwork, Respect, Determination, Community
- Demonstrate how your organization focuses on the fundamentals of the game
- Demonstrate examples of teaching the core values while also having fun
- How does your organization impact youth and its community?
- Provide examples of programs and opportunities your organization provides for the community that wouldn’t exist otherwise
- Provide examples of creating positive experiences for youth, parents, and families (e.g., special programs, scholarships offered)
The Program of the Year application will be open from January 7 through February 1, 2019. Organizations will be notified if they have been selected as a finalist no later than March 25, 2019.
Finalist Prize Details
Each finalist will receive the following:
- $1,000 Under Armour gift card
- Travel and hotel stipend to attend the Jr. NBA Youth Basketball Leadership Conference presented by Under Armour in May 2019
- Free Positive Coaching Alliance in-person training session
- Feature on Jr. NBA website and social media platforms
Jr. NBA Program of the Year Prize
- Each finalist is automatically entered for the chance to win Jr. NBA Program of the Year.
- Jr. NBA Program of the Year winner will be awarded at the Jr. NBA Youth Basketball Leadership Conference and receive a $5,000 grant for their youth basketball organization